Sunday, March 13, 2011



Welcome to my blog Thrift Store Chic. My free days are spent shopping the thrift stores in and around Los Angeles searching for “the find” that satisfies my soul. I am Aishah Chisum, mother of two, wife to one and a fashionista at heart. I feel like I am an artist whether I am designing clothing, knitting hats, painting canvases or shopping. Yes I said it, shopping is an art form, when done right. You might hate waiting behind the coupon cutter at the grocery store but deep down somewhere in the back of your mind you respect it. Well, I am Mrs. Coupon but I don’t cut mine out. My savings is in clothing and finding them at second hand stores. Sure an occasional purchase at H & M, Forever 21, Abercrombie & Fitch, Jay Crew and even Target. However I rarely leave those stores brimming because I have struck gold. That feeling can only be found in the thrift, second hand stores. It is amazing what you can find. I often wonder, “who throw this out and why”? It had to be drugs and for a quick fix. Why else would someone give up on this? I am rescuing these needy garments. They all need homes and backs to warm. They grow up wanting to be a a part of something. And then they are all of a sudden thrown out for a few bucks. With sad looks on their collars they line up across the windows calling me in. So I invite you to take the trip with me as I visit all my favorite places. Who knows what we will find?

No comments:

Post a Comment